TAUBLIEB FILMS WINTER UPDATE!
“BLINK OF AN EYE” NASCAR DOC TO BE A MAJOR FEATURE FILM
WITH SCREEN GEMS/SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT!
“PAY DIRT: THE STORY OF SUPERCROSS”
FEATURE DOCUMENTARY SOON BACK IN PRODUCTION!
TAUBLIEB DIRECTS SHORT FILM FOR FERRARI STARRING ADAM LEVINE AND BEHATI PRINSLOO – REPRESENTS THE U.S. IN GLOBAL CREATIVE INITIATIVE! SUSAN COOPER CO-DIRECTS!
“MONSTER ENERGY BIG WAVE SESSIONS”
PRODUCTION UNDERWAY IN MONSTER SURF
FROM NAZARE TO JAWS TO MAVERICKS!
NEW VIDEOS ON VAUGHN GITTIN, JR., JB MAUNEY, RILEY HERBST AND X GAMES FOR MONSTER ENERGY!
PLUS SLATE OF FEATURE FILMS IN DEVELOPMENT AND MORE!
For Immediate Release
(DEC. 18, 2020, Malibu, CA) While working under strict COVID production guidelines and protocols, multi Emmy Award-winning TAUBLIEB Films continues to direct and produce short films, television shows, documentaries, branded content and developing feature films, among other efforts.
“BLINK OF AN EYE,” the multiple award-winning feature documentary written, directed and produced by Paul Taublieb about the star-crossed friendship between Michael Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt is now in active development with Sony Pictures Entertainment and it’s Screen Gems division to develop the story into a full-length, dramatic feature film, and a script has been commissioned. Taublieb is teaming up again with legendary Hollywood producer Roger Birnbaum, with whom Taublieb made the hit film “The Vow.”
Paul Taublieb will be serving as a Producer, along with Birnbaum, with TAUBLIEB Films’ Susan Cooper serving as Executive Producer and Mitch Covington as Co-Producer, with Mark Hall and Sam Pontrelli as Associate Producers. More details soon!
The “Blink” feature documentary can be found on many platforms, including Amazon Prime, iTunes, MotorTrend on Demand, and Vimeo. You can view the trailer to the documentary here: Blink of an Eye Trailer.
“PAY DIRT: THE STORY OF SUPERCROSS ” is a feature documentary that will chronicle the birth and growth of the toughest sport on the planet, and highlighting the sport’s most memorable moments and greatest rivalries. The project has been on hiatus during the pandemic, but production will commence soon in conjunction with Feld Entertainment, with Paul Taublieb serving as Director/Producer/Writer, Susan Cooper, Stacy Transou, and Mitch Covington as Producers and legendary motorsports journalist Eric Johnson serving as Consulting Producer. Mark Hall and Sam Pontrelli will be serving as Executive Producers.
FERRARI launched a global series of short films with different directors from around the world to introduce their latest car, The Roma, and Paul Taublieb was selected to direct and represent the United States, with Susan Cooper Co-Directing, Stacy Transou Producing and Dave Warshauer as DP, and edited by Nico Alba. The short film, starring Adam Levine and his wife and model, Behati Prinsloo, was also created to benefit the Save the Children Foundation
The video titled “La Nuova Dolce Vita” can be seen here: Ferrari La Nuova Dolce Vita
A short behind-the-scenes video was also created, and can be seen here: Ferrari La Nuova Dolce Vita Behind the Scenes
“The Monster Energy Big Wave Sessions” has adapted to the COVID world by encompassing the entire world of big wave surfing – including both paddle-in and tow-in – by chronicling epic sessions around the world with a cast of the best big wave surfers on the planet, including: Makua Rothman, Shane Dorian, Kai Lenny, Nic Von Rupp, Keala Kennelly, Nathan Florence, Billy Kemper and up-and-coming South African charger Matt Bromley.
The winter season has gotten off to a banger start with massive swells hitting Nazare, Portugal, Jaws, Hawaii, North Shore Outer Reefs and Maverick’s, California, and TAUBLIEB Films’ cameras have captured all the action and will continue to do so at other locations also including Mullaghmore, the mutant wave from Ireland, as well as the fabled Banzai Pipeline on the North Shore of Hawaii.
For an adrenaline-soaked taste of what we’ve already captured click here! Big Wave Sessions 2021 Teaser
“Big Wave Sessions” is produced, written and directed by Paul Taublieb, with Susan Cooper Executive Producer, Stacy Transou Producing and Curtis Beck as Managing Producer, and engaging the camera work of the best big wave shooters in the world from land, water and the air. “Big Wave Sessions” is sponsored by Monster Energy with support from Surfline and Paradise Helicopters, and special thanks to Mark Sponsler of Storm Surf.
In Other TAUBLIEB Films News:
– Monster Energy’s “Best of X Games,” edited and shot by TAUBLIEB Films, is now running on Monster’s social channels – or check it out here: Monster’s Best of X Games.
– Upcoming is a Top Ten countdown of Monster’s Greatest Moments in Action Sports and Greatest Moments in Motorsports.
– TAUBLIEB Films chronicled Vaughn Gittin, Jr’s quest for his first Formula Drift Championship in a decade in this short mini-doc: V aughn Gittin Quest for the Championship
– Riley Herbst’s was the subject of a mini-doc with a look back at his emerging NASCAR career – now with Stewart-Hass Racing – and answering the question where the “terrible” came from in “Terrible Herbsts”! Check it out here: Riley Herbst Profile
– Keep an eye out for an upcoming profile of the Last Great American Cowboy, two-time world Pro Bull Riding Champion, JB Mauney, recently shot in Ft. Worth, TX, for Monster Energy.
– Efforts in developing feature films continue with the optioning of the Swedish hit film, “10,000 Hours,” discovered by Zev Taublieb while on break from his career as a pro soccer player for the Richmond Kickers. Susan Cooper is Producing. TAUBLIEB Films has also optioned the rights to the book, “Surf, Sweat and Tears,” the story of distant British Royal and surfing champion, “Lord” Ted Deerhurst, with Paul Taublieb developing with writer/producer Alan White. The company is also exploring large format films with IMAX.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND WISHING EVERYONE A FABULOUS 2021!